Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bethany's First Zwieback Batch

A family tradition is to enjoy hot Zwieback from the oven.
Today I concord my first batch (with the step-by-step help from my mom via phone) and they turned out pretty good (I am still surprised)!!
This is a learned art that takes time and many batches to get it right.
As you can see in this picture the Zwieback on the right the oven was too hot, creating the "ugly". The Zwieback on the left are the "Pretty", that is "Pretty good tasting!
Now I only need to make them for another 30 years and I will have it down!
Thanks Mom for a fun day!



1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Mom just told me you made them and they were on the blog, so I got online right away to look. They look delicious and pretty. I don't think you'll need 30 years to perfect them! They already look good to me. Great job! We're supposed to learn how to make them (Miriam is teaching it) on Nov. 16 at the MOMS group. I am REALLY hoping I am able to go that day. I want to learn how, too!

    ReplyDelete