Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our First Backpacking Trip

The last weekend in June, Todd and I took our first backpacking trip into the Raweah Wilderness. We hiked in on Saturday in the rain about 5 miles spending the night in a meadow where we saw a deer and 4 bull elk.

The next day we hiked about 3.5 miles into Shipman Park, were we ate some snow and turned around to go pack up camp.


On the way out of the meadow Todd and I jumped this creek were he hurt his foot and then later on the trail I ended up hurting mine. So...Todd and I limped the 5 miles out off the mountain to the truck. On the way home we went through a drive through for dinner because we both could not walk and spent the rest of the night with ice on our feet. Just another adventure and great memories.










1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Though after my one and only backpacking trip, I have to say I don't wish I was there! LOL I am not a backpacker I guess!

    ReplyDelete